Wednesday, March 7, 2012

You know there a cool cycling events and then there are amazing cycling events.  A friend posted a cool top 10 bucket list and then I saw one on Montain Biking UK last month.  I just have to say this has to be the quintessential bike ride Global Bicycle Race.  I am amazed by this one, I encourage all of you to get a little excited about this one.  These guys are abolutely amazing to even try and tackle this, I could get tired talking about it while these guys ride it.

I know I am pushing myself, each day I add something to my list of things I want to do.  I know many people out there doing incredible things like Jeff Kerkove and Sonya looney of Team Topeak Ergon are always doing awesome things, they're riding the YAK Attack as I write this in high Himalayan mountain conditions

I am always amazed at what people will come up with to set their own personal bar higher.  The human machine is amazing, we rarely can accept just being sedentary.  We always want to be a little more, do a little more, reach a little higher.

I started knocking down a bucket list late in life but I still feel so young and feel I have lots of time to do a little more each and every day.  The bar is still quite low for me, much bigger things to come!!

The real heroes are some of those people doing what I am doing with MS, Cancer, Diabetes, Prosthetics and so many other barricades, some are survivors and some are coping with these barricades each day.  They just keep breaking through those barricades and achieving some incredible feats.  My friends Bionic Bob, Big Heart Bob, Sweet Gracie, Big Man Tuma to name a few, what heroes, what examples of fortitude.

This is why I support First Descents, in an effort to help other knock off their own bucket list.  Everyone deserves a chance to have a bucket list and chip away at it.

Go check out that Global Race or the Yak Attack and start your own list!!

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment