Wednesday, March 7, 2012

This could be the final 2012 calendar


Thanks to everyone that helped me raise money in 2011 now what's on the plan for 2012??

As of now, I have committed to the following events:

2/15/12 Clam Beach Run, great fun time COMPLETED

April 27th:  I will be at the inaugural Stagecoach 400, a self-supported 400 mile race from high mountains, to Anza Borrego desert to the ocean in Idlewild, Southern California. 

June 2nd:   next event is the Dirty Kanza 200, and my wonderful LIZ's Birthday, (I will kill myself to finish for her).  If registration goes well tonight, I will be in what is becoming the 200 mile premier gravel road endurance race in North America, starting in Emporia Kansas.  

July 30th:  I decided to shelf the Leadville Race Series this year to continue the trend towards more Multi-Day Bikepacking events.  I still wanted to visit Leadville so I think I will try and do the Colorado Trail Race Monday, July 30th, 2012 - 6am 
The CTR: 470 miles and 65,000' of elevation gain winding through the Colorado Rocky Mountains from Denver to Durango. Approximately 300+ miles of singletrack at elevations ranging from 5500' to a gasping-for-breath 13,200' 
I'm gonna love my Humboldt Adventurewear gear on this one!!!

October 5th:  The only other event I plan doing but have to see if it will be feasible with work and funding is the Allegheny Mountain Loop The Allegheny Mountains Loop is a 400 mile fat-tire bicycle route that begins and ends at Virginia Tech's War Memorial Chapel in Blacksburg, VA.  Lets see if it will happen?

Join the Team if you want to raise money with me for First Descents:  http://teamfd.firstdescents.org/2011/fd/MisadventureHerrera/
Thanks to everyone that helps me and First Descents out!!!  Click on the link for details about First Descents.  

Powered by Infinit Nutrition
Supported by Humboldt AdventureWear
and of course Elisabet Valls

No comments:

Post a Comment