Thursday, April 5, 2012

Frame bag prototype

Got the bag completed, I used an inexpensive Ripstop that would be nice for garments but has been a challenge in this case. Nonetheless, I used retroreflective straps that have Velcro to hold them in place and a rugged but not waterproof zipper. Inside I made a mesh pocket that really didn't need to be mesh and the mesh stretched out of shape. The bag also needs more straps, although I tried to go minimal the rigidity and structure rely heavily on on being strapped solid.

Lessons were learned, better materials and better layout plan for bag 2. I am happy with bag 1 and it'll be a nice day to day bag as its brand new and should last a while.

Some photos below in process, presented on the bike, mounted empty, mounted full.

Look for pics of the next project, bag 2, handlebar and saddle solutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment