Wednesday, February 15, 2012

You want me to do what?

So I have a great friend from back in the Coast Guard days, this guy got pretty sedentary besides diving. From one day to the next he's a changed man, now he's a tri-athlete, marathoner, cyclist and soon to be mountain biker.

Al Maxey tried The Leadville lottery in 2011 but it didn't happen, just as he was considering 2012, we talked about my upcoming year and the Stagecoach 400 (details on previous post). Next thing I know he's registered, has a mountain bike, ordered bivvy etc.. Since then we've talked about the Divide Ride and other epic events.

2 days ago Al contacts me and says AML Allegheny Mountains Loop ITT, yep he has the bug!! The AML is another 420 ish miler in Northern Virginia and West Virginia in October amidst beautiful fall foliage. Al is not just trying to convince me, he's getting blog updates, has spoken with the race coordinator and is registered (although its another free, self supported, individual time trial).

"Al I have 3 big events already" I say, but in the back of my mind I'm thinking, if I want to do the Tour Divide another 420 in October could be perfect! Do I have the time off? So many things to think of, it'll be 1500 miles +/- in 4 events. Free, no prize, bucket list... OK WHERE DO I SIGN UP???

Al (coookie) you've lost your mind and taken mine along for the ride, but now you need to do CTR with me!

http://alleghenymountainsloop.blogspot.com/2012/01/allegheny-mountains-loop-2012.html?m=1

Just keep moving....

No comments:

Post a Comment